Cruises and land tours, commonly referred to as cruise tours, combine a European cruise of Northern Europe or the Mediterranean with sightseeing on land, offering an in-depth look at some of the world's most famous sites. Extend your vacation with overnight stays in exciting cities, such as London, Paris, Madrid, Athens, Istanbul, Berlin, Cork, Budapest, Vienna or Prague. On most European cruise tours, the land portion is first, and the cruise portion follows. On every land tour, you will have guided sightseeing included, with additional time to explore on your own.
European cruise tours are typically available from May through November, depending on the cruise region, and can last anywhere from 9 to 20 nights.
Below are guidelines of what is typically included and excluded on a cruise tour. Every cruise tour is unique. Always verify the details of the trip you select with your Vacations To Go cruise counselor.
The land tour portion will include:
- Hotel or resort accommodations
- Train or bus transportation between tour destinations
- Transfers and baggage handling
- Tour guide
- Some meals and drinks
The cruise portion of your trip will include:
- European cruise
- Accommodations onboard
- All meals onboard including 24-hour room service but excluding specialty restaurant dining
- Coffee, tea, milk, juice, non-bottled water
- Entertainment, casinos, Broadway-style shows
- Onboard activities, fitness center, pools
- Kids programming on most ships
Your cruise tour WILL NOT include:
- Shore excursions
- Spa treatments or gaming
- Beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks or bottled water